Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 3

We spent the morning and afternoon in a colony with a long and complicated name that I can't remember. I must not be the only one with that problem because it is nicknamed "Moot". After the medical work, there was plenty of time for dancing and games and talking. We were lucky to have an interpreter with us because it gave us a chance to ask them each about their lives. The stories were sad but the people were happy.



Wow, I look ginormous next to those tiny men.

We were accompanied today by two professors from the BYU college of nursing! They are here evaluating India/Rising Star as a potential location for the nursing global diversity class (for which I went to northern Argentina when I took it). Neither of them were my professors but I recognized them immediately and it was fun to work with them.

Later in the day, we got to watch the school assembly which was celebrating India's Independence Day. There was lots of dancing which the children had been practicing for months. I especially enjoyed the beautiful costumes. Indian dancing is really quite beautiful. I hope to learn the dance to Jai Ho before I return. :)



The program had only just ended when the sky darkened and the thunder rumbled. We barely had enough time to put the chairs away before the downpour started. We've been wet and a little chilly (!) ever since but it has been a good day.

1 comment: